Monday, March 10, 2014

Review Mondays

Avon BB Cream

I feel like it's been forever yes i know since I've posting 
anything on here so I feel if I make a new series on here it'll motivate me to actually stick to something. 
Review Mondays: Every monday I will be posting a review on a different makeup products. 
with that being said I will also try to do more nails of the night ( I typically do my nails late at night before I go to bed incase you were wondering) ANYWAY

This monday I will be talking about : 
Avon Ideal Flawless BB (Beauty Balm) Cream 



General Basics:

What size it it? 1 fl oz or 30mL
Does it contain sunscreen? yes, SPF 15
Where can I buy it? youravon.com/katiemarone or your local avon representative 
How many shades are available? 5 shades
How much does it cost? The price varies depending on what campaign booklet you are looking at BUT it's estimated between $7 to $10. 
What color am I in? Light Medium 
Coverage: Medium to Full 

Packaging: 
This is a small little 1 fl oz tube with a screw top where you squeeze out the product.  A little goes a long way. 
I love the black color to it with the bright pink BB letters on the front. Plain and simple and nothing too crazy. 

First Impression: 
I've tried different BB creams in the past and they are all just OK to me but when I first applied this one I was very impressed! However I was a little reluctant because I have a more olive skin tone and thought I was going to be too dark but after blending out the product it matched me perfectly.

Consistency: 
It has a lightless to it and blends super easy. It is not at all a very thick type of cream where it feels heavy on the face. 
The Light Medium shade does have a light yellow undertone to it as well. 


Comparable?
I would compare this to the Maybelline BB cream but way better coverage and a tad bit thicker in consistency. 

How do I apply it? 
My favorite way to apply this product is to just put little dots of it all over my face (including my cheeks, forehead, chin etc) 
I use my Real Techniques Buffing brush to blend the product in to make sure it is evenly distributed. 
I have normal to oily skin and was so surprised how well the coverage lasted all day. I did not experience any shininess nor did not have to blot throughout the day. 
(Picture shows below shows product blended out) 


Overall Rating 1 to 5
4: I gave this product a 4 because I'm still testing it out with certain primers and powders and it is still a newer piece in my collection. I do want to test this product out further in a more hotter/ humid climate to really get a sense how it will hold up. 

Worth it/ Recommend? 
YES! I think if you give this product a try you will be just as impressed as I was. I would recommend this product 100% for anyone who does have normal to oily skin. As for the people with dry skin just make you use a light moisturizer and your good to go.

Have you tried out this product? 
let me know in the comments down below

Love & Lipstick 
Katie 






No comments:

Post a Comment